Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
The thread is now going OT but it is the software's fault. Really old threads should have a huge banner saying that the thread is legacy and gently suggesting that the reader look for something more active."Though it must be said that the old thread could be the highest quality available and greatest relevence simply as the forum itself was once of a higher quality in terms of those providing the content??"

The old internet as it was just disappears more out of view every month. I get the feeling that the Fora/Forum scene is really more about herding and corralling potential sales together to sell to advertisers than anything else now. We. ie the content providers have lost control. It would appear to be a commonality with all interest group forums.
I may be wrong but I have a feeling that the reported continuing decline in usage and traffic may be evidence that folk's don't like it too much.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Clivey, WE ARE NOT THE CUSTOMERS.

The outfit that owns this forum and its software does not give one rat's you know what about our opinions or preferences. If their marketeering algorithms show that including the "Recommended for You - Threads So Old They Could Shave" at the top garners 0.000001% more hits on the ads, it'll be included.
I am actually laughing out loud at this. Not at your response, but at the fact that the particular "pop up ad" on my screen while I was reading this was for a certain world leader in the supply of men's grooming and shaving gear . Tee hee

1 - 2 of 2 Posts