Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a couple of his CDs that are from ~2000ish time frame. Did a google on him but no luck. No web site on the CDs, just a couple different phone number out in California.

Don't have the CD's on me right now and can't remember the distributors name off the top of my head. One CD is titled "Blast from the Past, Hits from the 50s and 60s." The CDs list like four or five additional CDs in the "All that sax..." series but I can't find them anywhere.

Just taking a quick break and thought I'd ask the pros if anyone knows him and who's heard him. He's got a pretty good sound and his interpretations of the subject songs are nice as well.

Cheers!

·
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just remembered the second CD title as I'm prepping to jump into lunch head first - it's "Blues you can use..." :glasses7:

(Looking at some lemon chicken and rice! Yumm!) :tongue8:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Last I heard D.J. Wilkinson had moved to Edmond, Oklahoma. The last address I had was "All That Sax", P.O. Box 31021, Edmond, OK 73003 Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
More information on D.J. Wilkiinson. His name is Dennis James Wilkinson. His former address was Tracy, Calif. I have 3 of his albums. You can find him on "peoplefinders.com" and as far as I know he is still in Edmond, OK

·
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Welcome to SoTW drgolfer and thanks for the info. About a year after I posted this thread I got a PM from a member about DJ. I didn't keep the PM but, iirc, I think it said something about either OK or TX! He's got a nice sound and hope he's doing well. Of the two albums I have, my girls like his rendition of Johnny B. Goode! First time they listened to it I had it cranked up in my car stereo, and just as it came on, the stop light changed, I punched the accelerator and we took off pretty quick down a little windy road. They got a blast out of that and remember that ride and that song to this day. One of the few sax songs that they really like. They are more classically oriented and trained rather than jazz/pop/top 40 stuff!

Say hi to Roseville for me. I spent 13 years in Sacramento and Orangevale. I really liked northern California. Got some friends out there and would really like to get to visit!

Cheers!

·
Forum Contributor 2017
7,527 Posts
Last I heard D.J. Wilkinson had moved to Edmond, Oklahoma. The last address I had was "All That Sax", P.O. Box 31021, Edmond, OK 73003 Hope this helps.
I live near Edmond OK and am looking for a DJ to work with on a new project. Did you contact D.J. yet?

B:cool:

·
5,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know DJ pretty well; as a matter of fact, I just built a website for him. His music, and more about him, can be found at http://djwilkinson.com/ . He's a great guy and his music is wonderful!
Hey! Welcome to SoTW saxwell. That's pretty interesting to know. Thanks for chiming in. I'll check out the website later today.

BTW - how in the world did you find this innocuous little thread buried so deeply in the annals for SoTW-dom?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts