Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a tenor from SG last Feb, in April I sent it back for warranty work with a detailed listing of what it needed. Two and a half weeks ago after much prodding he emailed me back saying the "horn has been done I emailed you where to ship it to on June 04, 2009". Just took some pics of the crappy shipping box it came back in and the even crappier job he did. He actually used wads of brown paper to close the lower stack/bell keys. I have pics of those too. He I 'm so pissed I'll have to wait a bit to test the horn least I choke it to junk. BTW, it also came back with cork missing on the upper stack and he "did not" replace the neck corks as I asked him to. If/when I figure out how to post the pics I will so you too can share the joy of this mans profound knowledge, integrity and talent.

Kevin
42 yrs of sax and first time cheated by a "professional"

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, couldn't wait to cool off. Lower stack has more leaks than it did when I sent it out. One rod is slightly bent and the intonation went form irritating to nauseating. Thanks a load for the fine work. I bought from him based on a mutual friend, Now gone Fred "Shep" Shepard. He taught me the ropes when I live in Louisiana. I wish he was still around to learn more from him and to send him over for a little chat. Three months and the best he could do is make it worse.

Kevin
42 yrs of sax and first time cheated by a "professional"

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just talked to "Jerry" at Noteworthy Music in San Antonio. Sad for me that the warranty is serviced by the retailer, in this case SG. He did offer to help get my horn back up to snuff for a reasonable cost. It was a very pleasant conversation and helped me to let a little steam off. I understand completely why they severed ties with SG "blowhard to the stars".

Kevin
42 yrs of sax and going strong

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,592 Posts
I bought a tenor from SG last Feb...
You've been a member here since December, 2008, and yet you still bought a horn from Goodson??? A lil' research could go a long way - only if done before the fact.

I'm sorry for your troubles. I don't understand why you rant now instead of asking before you bought.

If you like the horn's voice, get it fixed by someone more local so you can work directly with them and avoid the potential damage due to shipping. Otherwise, put it up on eBay or Craig's List or similar. I would not recommend selling it here.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Karma is gonna kick SG in the butt at some point and I think most of us aren't gonna feel bad for him. I would hardly call him tech to the stars....though I'm sure that is how he describes himself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts