Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Merchant
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm Pauline, co-founder of Syos company. We are based in France and we make custom saxophone mouthpieces.
We have an online questionnaire where you can describe the sound you want, and from your answers, we are able to design the most appropriate mouthpiece for you!

Have a look at our website: http://www.syos.co

We sell the mouthpiece for 249,17€ excl. taxes so that's close to 285$.

We designed custom mouthpieces for great musicians such as Dayna Stephens, Godwin Louis, Leland Whitty (Badbadnotgood), Daro Behroozi (Lucky Chops), Seun Kuti, Knoel Scott (Sun Ra Arkestra), Moon Hooch... You can also buy their signature mouthpieces for 165,83€ excl. taxes, so that 190$.

I'm here if you have questions!

·
Merchant
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you :)

·
Registered
728 Posts
It would be great to have some audio clip examples for some different combinations - e.g. a standard tune or scales or whatever but all played by the same person on otherwise the same equipment.

Same for the "endorsed" pieces, unless I missed this.

·
Merchant
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you are right, we are planning on doing that. But the thing is, most musicians keep their sound with different mouthpieces, so it's more a matter of ease and comfort. And that's we offer: a better tool for getting more easily the sound you want.
For the signature mouthpieces, you can still see some videos on our artists pages.

It would be great to have some audio clip examples for some different combinations - e.g. a standard tune or scales or whatever but all played by the same person on otherwise the same equipment.

Same for the "endorsed" pieces, unless I missed this.

·
Merchant
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We don't hand finish them since we want to guarantee the best accuracy possible. That's also why we can reproduce the exact same geometry if needed. And it work great like that!

Hello, do you handfinish your mouthpieces or do they come right from the printer?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Just want to give a shout out to Syos! I bought one from the 50% off sale and these pieces are pretty amazing. I've been skeptical for a while about the plastic material but after playing on it. Just as good (or better) then my Klum, 10mfan, and Jazz Select pieces. The response, intonation, sound, and reed playability is great.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,381 Posts
What did you buy; alto or baritone mouthpiece?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,073 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
I didn't get to pick the color (red)...that was part of the sales pitch. If the piece sticks with me, I will order a better color combo for sure.

·
Registered
447 Posts
It was a couple weeks ago and it was only for two days. I believe it was a successful business move and hopeful they will do it again.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,381 Posts
I bought a Chad Lefkowtiz-Brown tenor model. It has a slightly smaller chamber but blows with a big sound.
Slightly smaller chamber than what? As someone who likes small chamber tenor pieces, I might like these mouthpieces.

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,073 Posts
Alright, I gave in. I'm not a big fan of the colors but asked Syos if they would be interested in having me review these. We will see what they say..........
I heard back from SYOS and they are going to send me a Chad LB model, a Tivon P. model and a Godwin model alto mouthpiece to review. Stay tuned.........

1 - 20 of 33 Posts