1,304 Posts
Nice! Love sounds.

· Registered
2,272 Posts
Great! I'd be interested in how it was produced-

· Registered
2,272 Posts
Produced Sonja?

It's a backing track with the horns already on it. I just added the Tenor solos.
I thought maybe you did parts- you mixed the solos in very well.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought maybe you did parts- you mixed the solos in very well.
HI Sonja. Thanks. I've done quite a number of these Martin Funderburk tracks and the basis for a good recording lies in his groundwork. Laying a solo over the top to me means finding the right ambient settings so the solo blends well with the track. Glad it works for you. Alex

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like that it was a little more funky and a little less smooth than the original...no disrespect to Euge, of course.
Thanks John. All I can do is be me with these tracks as trying to emulate Euge (Steve) is well beyond me. His playing and sound is so unique and instantly recognisable and I love how he works these tracks. Certainly provides great inspiration to me. Thanks so much for listening and I'm glad you liked it. Alex

· TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
8,173 Posts
Grooving Alex - The Q-Tron seems like a lot of fun. Your tenor sound was funky and soulful, really makes for an awesome track!

· Registered
1,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Grooving Alex - The Q-Tron seems like a lot of fun. Your tenor sound was funky and soulful, really makes for an awesome track!
Thanks Jared. Yes the fx are another way of looking at things. I try to balance them with the natural sound of the horn so it's not too one sided. Thanks so much for listening. Alex

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.