Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody here use DP? I was wondering specifically how accurate QuickScribe is. I currently use Logic Express and Sibelius and find that using both is a pain. I like the workflow of a sequencer when composing but find it very cumbersome to get the notation too look how I want it. I find that Sibelius doesn't transcribe that accurately at times and I really need the ability to work along an audio track at times when doing arranging. MOTU states that QuickScribe is incredibly accurate but I am assuming that is hype.

Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Very accurate, so much so I often need to input quantize to make the resulting QuickScribe music reasonable to count.

Lots of useful features: measure numbering, transposition, straighten swing, ignore mistakes, staff/clef appearance.

After playing in or importing MIDI, often the MIDI data needs changes so score looks right - this can be tedious. I rarely mouse the notes in using the QS tools. The resulting parts don't look like handset music engraving but are certainly serviceable. You know DP is Mac only?

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, almost sounds too accurate. That is how Logic is as well. I really want realistically accurate. If that makes sense. Something I don't have to tweak too much afterwards. Thanks a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts