Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Quality Control??? I've been dealing with this problem for years! Not always so obvious, (unsanded, coarse, etc.), but I'm getting tired of spending on reeds that are not consistent. I guess this is universal. I remember the great Vancouver, (Canadian, for that matter), saxophonist, Fraser McPherson, would open a box of reeds on the gig and find maybe two out of ten he liked. The rest were trashed. I think I've solved MY problem by going to Legere, ( a Canadian product, I'm pleased to say). I'm slowly coming to total satisfaction in this department. If the reed I ordered isn't just right, I ship it back and exchange it. It's a long process, ( I've been working at it for half a year or so, but I'm happier than ever with the reed problem. So far, I've got satisfactory results, (FOR ME), with soprano clar., (Bb), bass clar., soprano, alto, tenor and bari sax. All I need to do now is get back-up reeds. It's very gratifying to pick up your horn and blow the same every time with what you want to feel and hear!.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts