Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not interested in a discussion about if these mpc's make you play like Getz, Griffin or Gordon. Drake is a great mouthpiece maker and these mpc's being based on vintage Link's (or Dukoff's?) makes them very interesting to me.

·
Administrator Emeritus
18,279 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,057 Posts
A friend of mine just received a Griffin model a few days ago and speaks very highly of it - impressive, given the company of his collection.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts
It would be interesting to compare Drake's copy and Ted Klum's copy of Dexters Mpc.....
Yes, that should be interesting.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
love my Getz 7*...has amazing projection... Drake's patented HR is very cool!!!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I think its a resin with some sort of metal filler (at least my allergic reactions lead me to believe...)

I think that it is a ceramic resin mix. I now use a Drake on Alto. I have to say, I am over the moon with it. It is more cool to the touch than standard resin.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I think that it is a ceramic resin mix. I now use a Drake on Alto. I have to say, I am over the moon with it. It is more cool to the touch than standard resin.
Yeah, I read that on his site. But I think I've also read somewhere that he has used metal. My allergy seems to back that up.

Of course I could be wrong...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts