Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
4,315 Posts
It must be some sort of conn as thats what he played early on. I have some recording of his later stuff and he sounds not nearly as good on a selmer

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a Buescher

AmSaxPlayer said:
Looks like an Buescher Aristocrat to me, with the ribbon key guards and V bell to body brace.
I thought that too but I do not know Bueschers too well. I could not imagine his site using the wrong sax. Although web designers are not into correct saxophones I guess.

Did Dexter ever play a Buescher for any time?

HUTMO

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Buescher. It's a boo-boo, I think. I've only ever heard of Dexter playing Conn and Selmer.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
They changed it to what i think may be an inappropriately modern Selmer (NB i know virtually nil about Selmers). Hee-hee! And not a word of thanks!! THE INGRATITUDE OF IT!!

It was a Buescher earlier on.

·
Forum Contributor 2010, Distinguished SOTW Member
5,076 Posts
RootyTootoot said:
They changed it to what i think may be an inappropriately modern Selmer (NB i know virtually nil about Selmers). Hee-hee! And not a word of thanks!! THE INGRATITUDE OF IT!!
O Bartelby! O foxinanity!

They should have used Hutmo's image. It's better AND more authentic.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dexter Site change

HISTORICAL ACCUARACY :D

The people at Dexter Gordon's website have changed the introduction page by posting a nice Jan Persson image of Dex sitting with his 10M. Cool.

I received a nice email from the website people and they expressed concern that the site is historically accurate and that they would make the needed changes.

If you get a chance, check it Dextergordon.com. They have done a great job. This is a site that the estates of other historical jazz legends need to take a look at.

Best regards,
HUTMO

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
HUTMO said:
I have taken the time to produce an image to correct the Dexter website. I know... too much time on my hands. The image below is a downsized version of the original website background image.

I sent an email to the webmaster and then sent the image. Lets see if he uses it. I think it looks pretty good.
Nice design and composition, but unless the pictures shows the actual horn Dex was playing, it would be a mistake to post it. Just me 2Cents.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts