Sax on the Web Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Un-F'en believable!!!
Although a bit of "commentary" there, proof to back it up.

There has to be recourse for this.
Do you have pictures of the missing F#, and of the whole horn?

I presume you kept a record of the serial number & that this is the same horn?
Hoping against the odds that this might be a different horn & yours is still safe 'somewhere'.

I feel your pain & anger.
Best of luck.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Something else i find unbelievable is certain members questioning the validity of what you are saying by suggesting the pictures are of a different sax, pm saxismyaxe who i'm shure will fill you in on the "goings on"
I'm not sure I got that impression as much as pointing out dis-similarities(?) between the two pictures.
It seems as though parts were commandeered from CONN-hunters horn to use on other horns (or kept to try to reproduce?), then replaced with inferior parts.

This guy seemed to have done similar tactics with others.
If this all true (and I do not doubt that it is) I find it hard to believe nobody's take him to court.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Went to the link, here's what I really don't get......
"This went on until Gilson decided to sell the project to someone else."
followed by..
"The horn/project (this part unknown to him at the time) was bought by Gilson's cousin, known as, "EricM" , on SaxOnTheWeb."
Did you allow Lance to sell your "interest" in the horn & then Eric buying it without telling you he was going to buy it?
Sounds a bit far fetched if you ask me, but......

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Gentlemen,
This situation has gone on long enough! Sadly, CONN-hunter was (apparently) taken in by an unscrupulous person! His options, as stated before, are limited. A criminal trial would do him no good and (in all probability) LO Burton would get off scott free! What is needed in this situation is a civil suit and not in small claims court!!! You sue this sc*mbag for actual damages and then you nail his *ss with punitive damages!! At the very least you can get his business filing for bankruptcy (which, when you think of it, is probably what he would do in order to not have to pay anything....) and who knows? Maybe you'll even get enough money back so you can replace your sax!
+1

Although I'm amazed that this would not be considered a criminal act.
Probably a bad analogy, but if I borrowed somebodies car and removed their high-end rims/tires and replaced them with 4 spare 'donuts' would they have no criminal recourse.
Oh, I also removed the stereo, but did plug it up with a piece of sheet metal.

The only way this is going to stop is if someone (or a few) take him to court.
If not only those on boards like this will know to avoid Lance.
JMHO.

· Registered
1,763 Posts
Hi Walter, I took the liberty to focus on your 'challenge' to LB and extract the 'result' from your last post. So if I understand it correctly LB lived up to the challenge and managed to identify the parts you were looking for.
He also sent the parts to you.
Sounds that way, but at this point Lance can only try to save some face.
Hardly makes him worth working with or supporting in any way.
JMO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.