Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t believe I did this… It makes me furious… In the 40+years I’ve been playing I have never dropped a horn but I had it in a new case that didn’t work properly and it slid out . Evidently I bent the body on my 100K M6 .

So first is their any immediacy in getting it bent back ? Metal memory?
I’veheard some very experienced technicians can do it over their knee and that there is also a tool that does it.

I was in the Bay Area where really good technicians were everywhere but now I am in Southern Oregon and so far I’ve had not the best luck with the techs around here 😟

Eugene is not too far away but if I need to go to Portland so be it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,000 Posts
Chad at Windsmith in Philomath.

Dan Goss at Music Village in Beaverton.

Miguel Maldonado in PDX.

Immediacy ? Doe sthe horn still play as it did before the accident ? If so, no immediacy. If not, well...yeah, probably the impact resulted in keys out of whack, so no point taking out the leaks without first straightening the body.

Don't freak, tho....this sounds quite repairable....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Another vote for Miguel Maldonado. He is the only tech I trust to repair my horns, he does excellent quality work and is very reasonable as well. His number is 503-257-4095.

·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Belated thank you Jay and Selmer6shooter

I went to Beacock in Eugene and the tech Richard fixed up my M6 and it plays great.
Does Miguel work out of his house or a shop?

·
Registered
40 Posts
And another belated thanks to those provided repair contacts in OR. I'm in Grants Pass so in the same boat. One day I'll take to trek to Portland to have a soprano looked at.

·
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And another belated thanks to those provided repair contacts in OR. I'm in Grants Pass so in the same boat. One day I'll take to trek to Portland to have a soprano looked at.
I took my clarinet to the guy in GP as a test. He failed. I played it for awhile and thought it was ok but I was disappointed (Thought it was the horn) then I gave it a seal test and it was loaded with leaks.

So Richard is Eugene is pretty good. My M6 alto recently broke a spring. That can be a tricky fix if it's stuck in there. I will probably take it to him but if it needs an overhaul I'm not sure who's the best in Oregon?
Lee Kramka in SF is the best down south but everything costs an arm and a leg down there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts