Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm primarily an alto player but want to pick up an inexpensive tenor for a rock project I'm doing. Would I be able to get by with something like a Jupiter787 or student Amati, and if so which of the 2 would be better. I'm open to any suggestions

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,696 Posts
People might think from the title you are asking about a cheap "Descent" brand tenor, not asking for recommendations for a decent tenor.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008
1,555 Posts
I highly recommend you a Walstein. It's chinese and a very good one.
I think you can get it only HERE (I might be wrong).

I own one, so I know what I am talking about. Dig for info about them on this forum, there is plenty lately.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011
2,578 Posts
I'd encourage you to look at vintage Bueschers (Aristocrat or 400) rather than student horns.

The Elkhart stencil in the list below will probably go for <$500. You should be able to pick up a late model 400 (Not a Top Hat and Cane model) or a post-Big-B aristocrat for pretty cheap. A Conn 10m could be good too, but I don't know Conns.

http://search.ebay.com/search/searc...action=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search

Alan

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
I have a Vintage Buescher, very solid horn. It isn't pretty. But its yours for $250 plus the usual cost that go along with it.
Needs a tech to look at it, and will probably need some adjustment and maybe a pad or two replaced. But it can play as is.

Let me know.
~Carbs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts