Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Deep-V NIB a couple months ago, it had two areas on the rails that were "blackened" in a way. See the pic below for what I'm talking about. The thing is, they aren't rough or different from any other area on the mpc, so it seems like they were plated/lacquered over or something before being boxed.

They also haven't changed at all since I opened it, and the mpc. plays just fine

Can anyone tell me what may have happened, or what they are? I'm mainly wondering if it would affect the resale value, because it's not really "damage".

Thanks

View attachment 26393

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: Deep-V Plating issue...

I do believe that there is no plating! I have an identical looking Sugal piece... when looked at though a scope it clearly has no plating.... suggest you speak/return to the dealer.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Deep-V Plating issue...

I do believe that there is no plating! I have an identical looking Sugal piece... when looked at though a scope it clearly has no plating.... suggest you speak/return to the dealer.
Perhaps I was mistaken when I used the term "plating". Maybe it's simply lacquered over?

I do know that there is something covering the brass, though. It's not one of the bare stainless steel ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts