Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, & Forum Contributor 200
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best resource for backing tracks to download, for the purpose of gigging? I probably could make them if I had more time to work on them, but figure its easier just to pay for some custom tracks, jazz standards, jazz pop kind of thing, you know the score...happy to pay if there any experts here.
Thanks Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the best resource for backing tracks to download, for the purpose of gigging? I probably could make them if I had more time to work on them, but figure its easier just to pay for some custom tracks, jazz standards, jazz pop kind of thing, you know the score...happy to pay if there any experts here.
Thanks Dave
Well I love a guy called Alan McPike's work on standardstrax.com. I use them solely on solo gigs in old people's homes, pubs, weddings, you name it. £5 a go and he often offers discounts. Be careful to only download ones with NO SOLO as you can look a bit silly standing holding your sax during a solo...

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,911 Posts

Most of our midi files have come from soundsoft. They do an excellent job with their arrangements. Backing tracks are probably just as good but I have never used them.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
3,884 Posts
I have a number of tracks that I did in preparation for doing cruise ships. I have tracks with real instruments (4 horns, 4 rhy) as well as the charts that go with. I used them for a while doing seniors homes. Big band, movie, TV, popular instrumentals.

·
Registered
Keilwerth saxes (S/A/T), Selmer clarinets (S/B), Altus Azumi flute
2,029 Posts
Thanks Dave
Have you tried creating your own using the Band-in-a-Box RealTracks? If not, I highly recommend you try it.

They can sound very good. Moreover, it will spit out individual tracks for each instrument (e.g., into a DAW) so that you can modify an individual section or instrumental part if necessary.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, & Forum Contributor 200
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for these, i'll be having a browse for sure!

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
You could use the iRealpro app. You could make your own little tunes on there too if you want.
I think I saw that have another rhythm Upgrade you can buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.