I have a horn right now that is silver plate over nickel plate over brass, and the plating is flaking off and looking in general pretty ugly. I do NOT want to buff this horn, but I would like to strip the plating off and either leave it bare brass or replate it. My questions to you guys:
1. What is the best non-buff way to get the silver and nickel off?
2. Will the Ferree's nickel strip also remove silver?
3. Is there a product that chemically removes silver?
4. What will the effect of any of these treatments have on the pearls? This particular horn has pearl on every keytouch, a la Conn virtuoso deluxe.
5. Is there anyone that either knows of a place that offers a silver and nickel stripping service, or does so themselves?
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Sax on the Web Forum
A forum community dedicated to saxophone players and enthusiasts originally founded by Harri Rautiainen. Come join the discussion about collections, care, displays, models, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!