Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Is DavieCane.com down for anyone else?

I have been trying to access it for a few weeks and still haven't gotten through...

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Someone pm'd me with the same question - this was basically my response-

I just changed from Internet Explorer to Firefox, and was checking all of my transferred bookmarks, when I too came across a problem accessing the site.

I get either an error 404 or 403. In any event - I did some searching on the 'net -and found this discussion from some oboe folks, and this sad one on a clarinet board. A google search does bring up this toll free number - 866-292-5037, if you'd like to try to reach them.

According to the cane grower and manufacturer of Gonzalez and Zonda reeds - Conn-Selmer is now the US distributor. I suspect C-S squeezed Davie Cane out of business to protect their own margins. Conn-Selmer does not include either brand on their website brands list- so it is impossible to do a search for retail outlets. Other unfortunate side effects include: I only see these great reeds available at WWBW / Music 123 for now (the baritone reeds are listed as closeout?); those who make their own reeds don't have the blank cane available; and the Mozart clarinet reeds (Moree type cut from the Argentinian cane) are no more....

I guess WWBW is the only option for now? Best of luck in getting some - they are great reads IMO.

If anyone know another source....input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts