Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you players ever play a Dave Jary MPC.? He makes a custom mouthpieces at fair prices. I just received one yesterday and boy was I surprised the piece tore down the walls. I'v been playing alto for 25+ years and have tried many mpcs. metal.rubber. plastic and never found a mpc. so perfect. It plays loud and soft and the notes pop out from low b flat to altissimo d and I think it could play higher. I think my mouthpiece search is over this piece is perfect. I just tried the jody dv and for me it just does not cut it to shrill compared to the Jary mouthpiece it is not in the same league. I know everybody has to find the mouthpiece that fits them but you should give Dave a try. His website is www.jarycustom.com you should give Dave a try. saxman554

·
Registered
706 Posts
my main tenor piece is made by dave..
I just told him what I want and he made it exactly the way I wanted it..
I also had an alto mpc made, and I wanted it to have some baffle but when I got it I though that I made the wrong decision and that I wanted less baffle, so dave did the xtra work without any xtra payment needed. He is very friendly and helpful and has very very reasonable prices!!
recomended 100%
bbbouklas :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,404 Posts
I just got a bari piece from David Jary. It is 108 at the tip and it has a long med/low rollover baffle into a big phat chamber and the sidewalls are nicely scooped and rounded. The piece is great. It is giving me a big robust sound using a Fibracell 2.5 reed and with minimal effort compared to some other bari pieces I've played. It is free blowing and drops bombs on the bottom end. The high end has some edge and projection without being too extreme. Thanks to the modest tip, I can play fairly long phrases with ease.

I've been playing a Jary piece on my tenor for a few months now and this bari piece has convinced me even further of what great work David Jary is doing. His prices are very reasonable and he really stands behind his work. As long as you know what you want, Jary can make it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts