Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
American Triumph tenor serial numbers.

I purchased this horn yesterday. It's a Buescher 30A stencil. Plays pretty well, but will need some work, and a better mouthpiece. Serial number is 26436. Does anyone have a serial number listing for the year of manufacture for this horn?

Musical instrument Hand Reed instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument

Musical instrument Automotive exhaust Automotive lighting Metal Auto part

Musical instrument Gas Auto part Metal Wind instrument

Glasses Musical instrument Reed instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument

Musical instrument Reed instrument Musician Wind instrument Music

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,450 Posts
I can't give an exact date but the key style looks to be 1935-50s. The lack of the patent date may make it pre-1942 so my "guess" is late 1930s. Also silver plate with the gold wash bell was popular then.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
902 Posts
According to my work-in-progress Elkhart chart, 1940. The Elkhart-built Selmer Padless came about in 1941 and the serial numbers for those start around 27000, so it's very likely yours is from 1940.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for that. Let me back up here for a moment. I was sent to this forum by another user in my other thread in the Bb Tenor section. What is the connection between Elkhart and Buescher?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
902 Posts
Thanks for that. Let me back up here for a moment. I was sent to this forum by another user in my other thread in the Bb Tenor section. What is the connection between Elkhart and Buescher?
Short answer: Elkhart was the "second-line" of Buescher, somewhat similar to what Pan-American was to Conn or Indiana was to Martin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.