Sax on the Web Forum banner

Date this Yani?

5K views 42 replies 13 participants last post by  Jonathan C. 
#1 · (Edited)
Its been a day since I inquired about a horn so I figured it was time I did so again ;).
In all reality a horn popped up in my area with the serial number 017700XX, what year is it. Its an Alto at , but how old is it? I looked for a serial number but couldn't find one. PLease help. Also what woudl the model be for this horn? This may be the last horn inquiry I make for a very long time. So please help me.
~Carbs

Edit.
Just edited the serial number

#5 ·
Carbs, you go ahead and ask away.

The guy is working on a budget and trying to get a decent horn for college. I was right there in his shoes when I was 17 too, and didn't have a resource like SOTW to turn to for help.
That is in large part what we are here for.

I'd rather help out an eager student willing to learn and earnestly in need of assistance and advice, than discuss which shiny finish to go with on the horn du jour type threads.

Not everyone on this board is lucky enough to own the number of horns myself, and many other member on this board, have.

#13 ·
Our own staffer Ed (Hurling Frootmig) has some excellent info on the Yanagisawa models and history on his Woodwind Forum site:

http://woodwindforum.com/plugins/content/content.php?content.4

Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of the page, as there is a photo gallery of all the models. Make sure you take a look at this before viewing the horn, as you will be able to identify it from this excellent info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.