Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I canceled in the past the purchase of a Dark Super Vintage Tenor and gave my CONN Chu Berry a chance sending the horn to Lance Burton. The results are well known and I no longer have a tenor , by now.

Well, again I am thinking on the DSV Tenor. It has exactly the finishing I like and since my Saxello Omega gold plated is so reliable and good, indeed very good sounding I am sure the Tenors from CE Winds should also be.

I was not able yet to find a video of the DSV being played or even a sound file.

Somebody out there knows where to find them?

thx from Central Africa

·
Registered
106 Posts
There are a couple sound clips on youtube; just take some digging....

No Reverb Comparison Vid- this has a couple different horns, one of them being the DSV, set in a sound comparison http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTJHDLuqD88

Alpha Sop/DSV Tenor clip- This vid shows an alpha sop for the first half and a DSV on the second half

I hope this helps...

FWIW I am currently playing the Dark Classic tenor and enjoying it a ton. Great Ergo's, tight action, nice response and a really nice, big/full and focused sound. The horn is a real joy to play, and easily in the top of tenors I have played on over the years...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts