Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,974 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I did expect more excitement over Danny's playing on this solo than silence but if I am the only fan I'm ok with that..........
thanks, Nefertiti, its a nice solo & I may steal some lines from it , [[ although I was a bit distracted by the beat-boxing "drummer" ]] -A-

·
Registered
103 Posts
Great solo, and a lovely tune-not one I'm familiar with. I love the 2-5-1 lick he plays in the head-got it stuck in my mind, so I've done it in all twelve keys, thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,308 Posts
This guy is fantastic! I especially like his double time runs. It looks like he's using some really interesting shapes with chromatic stuff in there like Brecker on those fast runs. Minus the intensity which sounds so refreshing. After hearing this I had to buy his latest album and he sounds great on that too... Man, his alto tone is really great too.

Thanks for the transcription!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Great tune and great transcription Steve. Danny is a serious player. One of my buddies went to school with him and played with him quite a bit. I've heard lots of interesting stories!

This tune has always been one of my FAVS!! This is the version that got me hooked:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts