Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thank you Steve, for your usual generosity. You've given and continue to give tons of terrific content to this forum and the saxophone community.
Great solo. I love how he culminates his burning chorus with the Jimi Hendrix riff. Can anyone name that tune?

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Steve, for your usual generosity. You've given and continue to give tons of terrific content to this forum and the saxophone community.
Great solo. I love how he culminates his burning chorus with the Jimi Hendrix riff. Can anyone name that tune?
That shows how bad I am with rock and pop stuff. I didn't even realize that was a Jimi Hendrix riff.......

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Purple Haze

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
What a great sounding mouthpiece Steve! Wow!! Perfect if there is such a thing. The .110 opening works for me too if I can find one.

·
12,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What a great sounding mouthpiece Steve! Wow!! Perfect if there is such a thing. The .110 opening works for me too if I can find one.
I'm working on transcribing Danny's ending vamp on that song to. He plays some killer lines over that ii-V vamp at the end that I'm trying to nail down...........

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Full confidence that you’re going to nail it Steve. Lots of nice juxtaposed diminished intervalic stuff too when he plays the theme at times, relaxed and a cool tension. Your samples were absolutely beautiful, man!

I'm working on transcribing Danny's ending vamp on that song to. He plays some killer lines over that ii-V vamp at the end that I'm trying to nail down...........

·
12,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A couple of days ago I shared an amazing Danny Walsh tenor sax solo on Wave that might have traumatized many of you. I do feel sorry for that. Unfortunately, I am about to do more damage that could cause you to need years of therapy by sharing the rest of Danny's solo from the ending vamp of that same tune. (and you thought his one chorus solo was it! haha!) Prepare to have your mind's blown!! (Bb and C transcriptions are provided)

http://www.neffmusic.com/blog/2019/01/danny-walsh-tenor-sax-solo-transcription-of-wave/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts