Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/rnordling?feature=mhum#p/u[/video]

Live gig At Hijazz Uppsala Sweden. Playing pianist Daniel Lantz fine arrengements of classic James Bond Themes. Very fun!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
19,007 Posts
I like it....very nice stuff (and a Jazz arrangement of a Duran Duran tune, ha ! I guess it's true..one can find inspiration in the strangest of places...).

But seriously, that's good soundin' stuff !!!

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
You're in some great company. Must be hard to solo after such a fine singer like Sani.

These are all tunes with strong melodic content. I'm less than convinced that a techno solo that's mostly riffs and arpeggios is appropriate. No problem with your playing which is excellent in all respects, would just perfer to hear your solo match the flow and communication of the vocals. As time goes on it seems that audiences don't want or need exhibitons by every "jazz" player that they have mastered technical playing. Responses seem greater to players who have something to say.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your comments. It was a nice evening indeed. Wade, ever been into playing changes? I am glad you find my playing technical but its sad I did not reach out to you in the melodic department. Appreciate all constructive criticism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.