Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's not much discussion here about Daniel Barenboim, and he's one of my favorite musicians. I'm interested to read what people think of him.

Comments? Praise? Criticism?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Barenboim also made a tribute album to Duke Ellington. In his own words, it was not intended as a jazz album, but rather a way to honor Ellington.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
866 Posts
Yes, I too was surprised at the OP's expectation: this is a saxophone forum. BTW, we could be discussing Keith, who plays a mean soprano... check him out on the album called Bop Be.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I too was surprised at the OP's expectation: this is a saxophone forum.
It wasn't an expectation, I simply stated the fact that there's not much discussion here about Daniel Barenboim. I'm interested to hear peoples' opinions. Should I have posted this thread in the SOTW member lounge, since nearly everything there has nothing to do with saxophones?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Should I have posted this thread in the SOTW member lounge, since nearly everything there has nothing to do with saxophones?
ding ding!!!!
I disagree. Barenboim is a well-known player and conductor. I think it makes more sense to place his discussion here in the player section, rather than amid discussions about weight-loss and automobile purchasing.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I disagree. Barenboim is a well-known player and conductor. I think it makes more sense to place his discussion here in the player section, rather than amid discussions about weight-loss and automobile purchasing.
Ok, first off......YOU asked. I answered. Secondly, my address bar at the top of the page here says "forum.SAXontheweb.net". This is the "brand name players" sub forum of the SAX on the web website. I'm sure there are PLENTY of piano forums out there for you to get your Barenboim on. Seriously.......what is so freakin' difficult to understand about that?

John

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very amusing thread.......
Yes, I agree. It seems to be getting a bit out of hand, though.

... my address bar at the top of the page here says "forum.SAXontheweb.net". This is the "brand name players" sub forum of the SAX on the web website. I'm sure there are PLENTY of piano forums out there for you to get your Barenboim on. Seriously.......what is so freakin' difficult to understand about that?
There are hundreds of threads on SOTW that don't pertain in particular to the saxophone, but rather to music in a broader sense (e.g. threads on theory, style, etc.). Barenboim is musically relevant, so I though he would be worth discussing here. To quote your previous post, what is so freakin' difficult to understand about that?

Anyway, getting back to the thread topic, I'd like to know what the conductors here think about Barenboim's conducting style. Also, has anyone read the Barenboim book "Music Quickens Time"?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts