Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyInBTiGK4Y

This is a popular classical saxophonist here in Japan--Sorry, I forget his name...I see his CDs everywhere and I think he plays with the Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra as well...Don`t confuse him with Sugawa Nobuya--though they are good friends.

He`s playing on a Yamaha EX and either a S90 170 or a AL3 type piece...

·
Registered
22 Posts
nitrosax said:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NyInBTiGK4Y

This is a popular classical saxophonist here in Japan--Sorry, I forget his name...I see his CDs everywhere and I think he plays with the Tokyo Kosei Wind Orchestra as well...Don`t confuse him with Sugawa Nobuya--though they are good friends.

He`s playing on a Yamaha EX and either a S90 170 or a AL3 type piece...
He's Tanaka Yasuto sensei. He plays the baritone for Trouvere Quartet, one of best sax quartet in Japan I would say. Sugawa sensei plays the soprano. The alto player, Hikosaka sensei, I know personally. If I'm not mistaken, they all came from the same university.

They'll be holding a 20th year anniversary 3-day concert in October, but I think tickets are sold out.

BTW, will give you a ring later.

·
Distinguished Member
637 Posts
I've heard Don Sinta do this piece too. Is this piece at all published anywhere or anything? I'd like to be able to get my hands on this piece so any information about it would be great, thanks!

·
Banned
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everyone does their own arrangement and its been done on just about every instrument from picc to tuba...you can pick up the sheet music(violin) anywhere for a few bucks...or you can spend 25$ and get the Lemoine Muto version that Hiroshi Hara plays on his CD...

·
Registered
82 Posts
goldhorse said:
He's Tanaka Yasuto sensei. He plays the baritone for Trouvere Quartet, one of best sax quartet in Japan I would say. Sugawa sensei plays the soprano. The alto player, Hikosaka sensei, I know personally. If I'm not mistaken, they all came from the same university.

They'll be holding a 20th year anniversary 3-day concert in October, but I think tickets are sold out.

BTW, will give you a ring later.
Trouvere one of the best in Japan? I'd say more like in the world!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts