Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching the forum, but all threads I can find are old to the point that the websites they link to are no longer available, so thought I'd start a new thread instead.

I'm interested in finding a really slim case for a curved soprano - not a gig bag, but still a hard case. I found this one on Alibaba. and I think it looks good, but it needs minimum order of 10 since Alibaba is wholesale only (I think?). The only one I could find on Aliexpress was really quite expensive, and while it looks nice it's quite a bit bigger. Link here.

I've of course checked Thomann, Gear4Music and local stores here in Switzerland. No luck so far... Happy for any advice.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Would it be possible to buy an after-market Yanagisawa curved soprano case, ordered from a Yanagisawa dealer? They are as small as I've seen for curvies (I have one but it came with a horn). DAVE

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Would it be possible to buy an after-market Yanagisawa curved soprano case, ordered from a Yanagisawa dealer? They are as small as I've seen for curvies (I have one but it came with a horn). DAVE
Something I can look into if that's the case.

Really doesn't seem like there's a lot of contoured cases?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
When I got my Yany curved I immediately looked for a BAM case for it. I was somewhat disappointed that there was none, but the original Yany case works well just the same.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,125 Posts
Berkeley of London made the smallest curved-soprano case ever. They are also extremely lightweight. You may have search a while before you find one though.

·
Registered
653 Posts
The berkeley London curved soprano case is awesome. I have one in metallic blue and it fits anywhere. On tour and many flights I usually had my tenor, flute, curved yani and clarinet in a backpack. All through domestic and international flights and only had a problem one time on a small jet my horns had to go in the cargo hold. But on tour 8 years and hundred flights that was acceptable. Look online for the berkeley london model used, the rampone case, marco magi makes them, marcus bonna or just call mike manning. Best wishes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts