Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know Saxrax makes one - but I'd like to find something a little less expensive.

Would a regular alto stand work?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,312 Posts
I wouldn't sweat the price of the saxrax. The stability of the stand will give you peace of mind that's worth the extra cost. Very good design and sturdy construction.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,437 Posts
TMadness: I have the Arbiter stand, like Morry, and it is a terrific stand for curved soprano. I bought the Arbiter from Myatt's in the UK.

Yes, an alto stand will work but you must do some things. I have one of those Hamilton folding stands. I drilled a hole higher up the support so the bow of my SC902 would rest against that little bow-support. Then I pushed the U-shaped bell support in so it was small enough to support the SC902's bell. Rob GOODSAX Fleming recently posted something about doing this.

Still, the altered alto stand (Hamilton) makes the horn rest too high off the floor for my comfort. The Arbiter is better AND smaller. DAVE

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
I bought one of the Arbiter stands a couple of years ago from Myatt out of the UK too. Unfortunately a recent search effort shows they don't carry them anymore. I'm not sure if they are available at all anymore, I've searched....

The Ptotec Bodhi is reffering to may be a nice option.

I'm wondering if this type of stand might work:

http://www.music123.com/Konig-and-Meyer-Saxxy-Saxophone-Stand-i115464.music

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
14315 Konig and meyer curved soprano sax stand. Got it at USA horn when we bought our Yanagisawa SC-991 there. I believe they are 39.95. Horseshoe that bell fits in is rubber coated and bendable to fit differant diameter bells.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Call 1-800 USA-HORN or maybe Woodwind and Brasswind might carry them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts