Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

· Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,442 Posts
I'm a satisfied owner of a Barone black tenor which I ordered from Phil several years ago. I found him to be a direct and practical business person. I've recommended him to others. I always say you can call Phil and talk to him. If he's not responding to your emails or calls, I would assume first that he's either sick or in some other way unable to reply, such as being out of the country or without access to his phone or email.

· Registered
MKVI Alto Berg-95/0
831 Posts
A salesperson should and most often does respond in a timely manner, but we don't want them to rush/break a sweat, as they might be working too hard and stain their fine clothing. :D

A maker, builder, repairer or someone like that, especially flying solo, would never get anything accomplished replying to every correspondence they receive.

· Registered
5,939 Posts
I'm a satisfied owner of a Barone black tenor which I ordered from Phil several years ago. I found him to be a direct and practical business person. I've recommended him to others. I always say you can call Phil and talk to him. If he's not responding to your emails or calls, I would assume first that he's either sick or in some other way unable to reply, such as being out of the country or without access to his phone or email.
Hey, I have orders for two sopranos right now so give me a call at 845.803.4527. I haven’t gotten an email from you so maybe it went to my spam folder.

I have a lot of time on my hands so I have no problem returning your email.

give me a call or text and if you’re from out of the US, send me your number and I’ll call you. Phil

· Registered
10 Posts
Hey guys, I ordered a soprano from Phil Barone's website. He was communicative up until I placed an order. He quoted a 3 month delivery time and since I gave him the money, he's now not responding to my emails or calls. Did I get scammed out of 2 thousand dollars? Has anyone else run into issues when ordering a sax from him? :cry: Did you receive your instrument?
I bought one of his tenors and he was spot on with time and service. No worries!

· Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys, I ordered a soprano from Phil Barone's website. He was communicative up until I placed an order. He quoted a 3 month delivery time and since I gave him the money, he's now not responding to my emails or calls. Did I get scammed out of 2 thousand dollars? Has anyone else run into issues when ordering a sax from him? :cry: Did you receive your instrument?
Phil is a straight shooter! I've done several deals with him and they all turned out fine. Maybe he doesn't have an update yet and will respond when he has something to pass on?

· Registered
4,530 Posts
How are you liking the tenor? Good sound and key response?
Not directed at me, but since I commented earlier…. My Barone tenor is a great instrument. I also own a Mark VI, and frankly, the Barone is every bit as good. Lots of folks have posted that Selmers have a certain thing, a ring to the tone, and I agree, which is why my VI is my main horn. But I happily play the Barone too - great intonation, even response, wonderful tone. Actually easier to play altissimo. And it’s shiny :)

I’m sure you will enjoy your soprano!

· Registered
138 Posts
My son has a Barone curved soprano, an alto and a bari. All have arrived when stated. All were spot on intonation-wise. All seemed to be quality horns. Would probably order the tenor too, but he already has a 6, a PM R66, and a SuperDyne.

· Registered
1,715 Posts
Phil is the best. Ask Sonny Rollins, Jackie McClean, … on and on…
He has given me the utmost in personalized, caring service with all my mouthpiece/reed needs/questions. I talk his ear off and he has never cut me short.
My wife, a concert pianist, consulted with him at length regarding his hands, injuries, therapy…
He has checked in with me many times… “How you doin?”… even though I am just a hack player.
He has been very grateful for my wife’s attention to his love of and fervent desire to play the piano well.
Phil has been around a while and likes to travel, etc.
As I said, Phil is the best. I swear by his mouthpieces. I play them exclusively, S A T B.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts