Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Try www.musicnotes.com. I bought and downloaded a sheet for STRANGER ON THE SHORE a while back and was able to get it in any key I wanted (I chose Bb because that was the key Acker Bilk used when he recorded it). I just checked the site now and they have various artists' versions of CRY ME A RIVER, and I perused the one by Julie London. It is not free, but reasonably priced. DAVE

·
2,144 Posts
Try www.musicnotes.com. I bought and downloaded a sheet for STRANGER ON THE SHORE a while back and was able to get it in any key I wanted (I chose Bb because that was the key Acker Bilk used when he recorded it). I just checked the site now and they have various artists' versions of CRY ME A RIVER, and I perused the one by Julie London. It is not free, but reasonably priced. DAVE
The Julie London version would be an excellent choice. Always been one of my favorites.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately it does not seem to be available in Eb. If anyone would be willing to send me a copy they transcribed, I would be very grateful.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Actually, yes it is.

I was going to leave it there but... for example, look at the Diana Krall version which is in key signature of Bb - figure out what key you need for your alto and click on the appropriate tab on the right side. Couldn't be easier, or much cheaper.

·
2,144 Posts
Unfortunately it does not seem to be available in Eb. If anyone would be willing to send me a copy they transcribed, I would be very grateful.
Pay for and download whatever version you like best in whatever key it's available in, then transpose it yourself to whatever key you want it in. Blank staff paper is free on the internet. The only thing it costs you is a little ink and the paper to print it on. If you don't know how to transpose...figure it out. It's not that difficult. Your time would be better spent learning how to transcribe and/or transpose on your own than making up excuses and begging for free handouts. It's something you NEED to learn, and there's no better time to start.

Sorry to be so blunt...but laziness won't get you anywhere in either music or life.

·
2,309 Posts
Come on!, Cry Me A River is such an easy melody you should be able to listen to it once or twice then just score it out.

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
Here it is in Eb concert. You can transpose it from here. You sure did get some jerky replies. And they think I'm an ******* on here.....

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think some of those posting here have forgotten where they came from in their musical lives. There would have been a time when they couldn't have listened to a piece of music and penned it right off, just impossible. Be a little understanding guys.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,888 Posts
Be a little understanding guys.
Most people here are very understanding, usually if someone asks for something and uses the words please or thank you, then they get some very helpful responses. In such cases I always try to be as helpful as possible.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
usually if someone asks for something and uses the words please or thank you,
Yes the "magic" word usually works wonders, and it's only polite when requesting something you want or need, that aside why not buy a jazz fake book, i'm sure cry me a river is in there, mine's in Bb but you can get them in Eb as well, loads of other good stuff in there as well....

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,888 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
i dont know of its in the real book of jazz standards, but the torrent for that is on ceasers-palace.info website

1 - 18 of 18 Posts