Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cristiano Giardini on his new Generation ll Robusto 8* mpc playing "I HEAR A RHAPSODY".

The Generation ll has a more complex sound with more warmth and a great rich core.

Cristianos set-up:
Selmer SBA
Rigotti reed
Magnitone Flex lig
Gen ll Robusto 8* mpc

Enjoy.

Come visit the website: www.10mfan.com

·
16,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, my friend.
He is loving this mouthpiece and I really like his arrangement of that song with the vamp section.

ALL of my Generation ll mouthpieces are better than the originals. It’s not even close.
I just couldn’t be happier that things ended up going down the road they have.
The mouthpieces are truly at their peak performance.

Hope you are doing great!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
Picked up a sax in 2002 and here I am.
2,178 Posts
ALL of my Generation ll mouthpieces are better than the originals. It’s not even close.
And all of us Gen 1 owners just gasped as our mouthpieces became worthless... just sayin. Though it’s clear you’re very happy with the new designs, you may want to roll back your comparisons to the old design as it calls into question the quality of those original pieces. Probably wiser to compare your new designs to other competitors in the market. If your goal is to only sell new pieces to those of us who have Gen 1 pieces, you might consider providing a trade in offer we can’t refuse.

·
16,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jerry,
I loved my mouthpieces the way Eric did them for six years. Absolutely fantastic mouthpieces.
It’s like anything in life, once you try something that has changes done to it, you now have something to make a comparison to.
The new ones have improved and the feedback from buyers has been 100% in agreement. I am thrilled about that. Robert Anchipolovsky is crazy about his new Showboat alto mouthpiece compared to the original.... and he liked the original a lot.

I’m doing what I should be doing--- always seeking ways to put out the absolute best products I can.
The new changes have made each model so much better for me, and I am so proud of how they all play now. I will never apologize for making my products better. My new craftsman and I got together on what changes would optimize the pieces, so that’s what we’ve done.
For the thousands of players who love the original models, enjoy them and continue to have great fun with them. No need to change if you don't want to.

My company has made so many great changes this year—- a new craftsman working on my hard rubber pieces and Matt Marantz will do the metal pieces, completely new facing curves and adjustments to the pieces including getting rid of the super thin side rails and tip rails, undercutting the tables, etc. I also lowered the prices on all of my tenor hard rubber mouthpieces from $465 to $375, and my altos down to $350 so more players can get into my Generation ll pieces. We also adjusted the body sizes on the alto pieces from great customer feedback, so they would fit an abundance of ligatures, and I just released a brand new line of my designs in orange Ultem for only $299 and each are hand finished.

I am SO proud of all that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts