Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messing around on saxes from sop to bari creates a mountain of pad savers, neck savers and swabs.
Has anyone come up with creative DIY soltions to storing, holding, drying, etc these things?

Please share if you have.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,566 Posts
other than having a carton box for the long ones and a couple of drawers full of the stuff? No, what kind of creative solution are you thinking of and more importantly what makes you think that coming up with a rack to insert all these things in will be any better?

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
other than having a carton box for the long ones and a couple of drawers full of the stuff? No, what kind of creative solution are you thinking of and more importantly what makes you think that coming up with a rack to insert all these things in will be any better?
...”and more importantly, what makes you think a negative, non-productive reply helps the archive of knowledge here”?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
Messing around on saxes from sop to bari creates a mountain of pad savers, neck savers and swabs.
Has anyone come up with creative DIY soltions to storing, holding, drying, etc these things?

Please share if you have.
All I have is a designated area for storage and practice.

The wet stuff is draped or hung over an unused case or box.

Not creative.

I use cardboard boxes, Crown Royal Bags, a backpack with wheels, a suitcase with wheels, and canvas shoulder bags to store items.

My mouthpiece collection is stored on a thread spool rack. That is a little creative.

https://www.amazon.com/HAITRAL-60-Spool-Sewing-Embroidery-Organizer/dp/B079P5TLPH?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_2

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,566 Posts
...”and more importantly, what makes you think a negative, non-productive reply helps the archive of knowledge here”?
probably the empirical knowledge developed in the many years of my existence that the best invention in order to contain small odds and ends are drawers and boxes (sometimes drawers containing boxes), where all my things like these reside..

I have two sets of drawers where the mouthpieces are in a drawer , the ligatures in another, the many types of straps have two drawers, the odds and ends in another... and so on.

The system has worked without any problems for years.

So, each things having its place, they don’t get mixed up and I can always find them when I need them. I tend to go by the motto: “ why complicating an easy thing “ but of course there is always a way to create a difficult problem for every easy solution.

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,231 Posts
I just use Hodge silk swabs. I wrap it up with its string and keep it in the sax case.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
That is such a cool idea, I just ordered one, at least for the MPCs that I don't have the original box/tube for. And it probably will hold all the ligatures as well, thanks for posting this!
Why, shore thang, pard!
My good deed for the day checked off!
I do hang the ligs on there, too.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
245BD9AD-AB1F-4FBC-8CE2-7D2314DE6A4A.jpeg

Small plastic pegboard sections with closetmaid tie/belt racks and misc pegboard bits.
Mouthpiece holder soon...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts