Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to create some kind of looping backing track, drums, bass, piano, etc so I am not practicing soloing to a dead quiet garage. Just to have a long loop so I can stop and start back in again.

I do have access to garage band but am not sure if that software can do that?

Anyone have any ideas?

thx - Craig

·
Registered
112 Posts
the thing with garageband is it is simple and all DRAG and DROP from the loop section...

it's something i've only just recently got onto... imagine how many original tunes didn't make the cut on the first rehearsal because nobody had ever played on them before...

with garage band... i really haven't experimented with their MIDI input in garage band... i use sibelius and i'm pretty quick with note input... so write what i want in sibelius... EXPORT to MIDI... then drag and drop that file into the garageband song window... i then change the keyboard sound so there is a bit more sustain... i'm surprised with the bass sound they have on garageband... in regards to drums in that setting i don't worry...

i had a very quick look at MIDI input in garageband... i have no idea unless you have a keyboard... that being said if you were just playing whole notes you could just quantize it... if it was really simple... you could use the 'turn your computer keyboard into a piano function' and quantize that... i attached a photo of what one of the mockups i do in garageband looks like...

what i want... to hear/see the michael brecker practice stuff that he did for himself after looking at those youtube clips with all the gadgets lying around... probably something similar to an ewi intro.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
I do that all the time with Band-in-a-Box, using the Real Tracks option, which is quite realistic. Keeps me from getting bored.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts