Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,878 Posts
If it's stamped "Japan" on it somewhere then yeah assuming it needs zero work it would be a good start

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,400 Posts
It looks like a Vito Yamaha and at that price is a steal

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no clue, talked to the guy and he said it says japan on it

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,664 Posts
Looks reasonable, good horn. One of the touch pearls is missing. Ask if he has repair history and check to see that the stack rods are not loose . Just think about it existing four years in a high school environment.... Sometimes they get oiled and maintained and sometimes they don’t. Budget at least $125 to have COA by your tech. I also see a lot of these types of horns complete with a neck strap and mouthpiece @ $500, just saying. If this deal doesn’t work out I suggest looking locally on Local social media sales. Be patient something always turns up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you get the horn?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm going to check it out on saturday and if all looks good i'll get it

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ended up getting the Sax and started a different thread without thinking about it. It plays well for the most part but high F and low C are a bit hard to get out, the key work is a bit clumsy feeling and the pads will likely need replacing somewhat soon. It came with what I can assume is the original mouthpiece(it's Vito branded) and a Protec case. all in all I'm happy that I have a horn I can learn on again, I've been to long without music in my life and when I get more confident in my abilities I'll likely be looking for something a bit more refined.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?355224-Just-joined-the-Vito-club

Here's a link to the other thread I started so you can see the pictures I took if you want.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The horn looks good for the price - as long as you can practice and build your skills, you can fix the minor issues or get a better horn later.
You realise that the little issues usually associated with used horns are related to their lower price.
Congratulations on your purchase - Vitos have a good rep as student horns.

·
Registered
13 Posts
repeat post

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the plan, I loved playing in highschool and I feel that I will eventually need to find a group to play with so I can truly grow as a musician.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts