1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bonjour à tous
Je vous invite à consulter mon site dédié à René Guénot / Albert Douchet
http://sax-reneguenot.monsite-orange.fr

Vous y trouverez également toutes sortes d'informations concernant les nombreux stencils qu'ils ont réalisés : ALBERT, ARMAND, ANDRIEU, ARCADIA, BARBOTTE, BARON, BENISCH Ernest, BESSON, BEUSCHER Paul, BEUSCHER Pierre, CARCASSONNE, CHAS E FOOTE, DORE, GARDET, GRAS, HARMONIA, HARO, HUG, KELLNER, LAFLEUR, LA GRANDE, LEON FRERES, LEWIN, LEWIS, MARTIN FRERES, MASSPACHER, PARAMOUNT, PAXMAN, JACQUES PERROQUET, MARIUS ROCHE, SAVANA, SAXIDEAL, SIOMA, SML, STERNBERG,VELVETONE.
Bonne lecture

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello everybody
Welcome on my website dedicated to the make René Guénot / Albert Douchet

http://sax-reneguenot.monsite-orange.fr

You will find too all kind of informations about the numerous stencils they made : ALBERT, ARMAND, ANDRIEU, ARCADIA, BARBOTTE, BARON, BENISCH Ernest, BESSON, BEUSCHER Paul, BEUSCHER Pierre, CARCASSONNE, CHAS E FOOTE, DORE, GARDET, GRAS, HARMONIA, HARO, HUG, KELLNER, LAFLEUR, LA GRANDE, LEON FRERES, LEWIN, LEWIS, MARTIN FRERES, MASSPACHER, PARAMOUNT, PAXMAN, JACQUES PERROQUET, MARIUS ROCHE, SAVANA, SAXIDEAL, SIOMA, SML, STERNBERG,VELVETONE.
Good reading.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,183 Posts
Thank you. This is a wonderful resource and a valuable addition to the body of saxophone knowledge.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I apologize not to feature, an english translation. Maybe later, if everybody is wise... I'm waiting, right now, to check ...

·
7,183 Posts
Les photos sont agréables dans toutes les langues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't look for a button . I have chosen to simply put 2 translations online, in English and German. Each paragraph in French is followed by 2 translations.
All you have to do is come down to find them.

·
7,183 Posts
quote:

"The most remarkable thing revealed by this catalogue is that René Guénot produced altos in F (also known as mezzo soprano). Rare instruments, intermediaries in size between the curved soprano and the alto, intended more particularly for the symphony orchestra. Here, they are sold at the same price as the altos in Eb. Very few factories built them. There is Adolphe Sax, who invented it and Conn who made it around 1928-29. To my knowledge, no other factory, at least French, including Selmer, made it."

That is fascinating information. It seems as if Guénot was trying to innovate and compete at the highest level. Mezzo sopranos (alto sax in ‘F’) were only known to be made by Conn and Adolph Sax.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I succeeded to get some pics of a mezzo soprano Guénot. I put them on my website, in the part dedicated to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts