Sax on the Web Forum banner

Cowboy Bebop drops on November 19th

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  NuclearSax 
#1 ·
I know that Netflix's decision to make a live action version of this show is controversial among fans of the classic anime, but I'm nonetheless excited about it, mainly because it's introducing a bunch of original big band jazz to the general public.

They managed to bring on Yoko Kanno, the original series's composer, along with The Seatbelts (including Masato Honda). Nonetheless, much of the music will be original; Kanno says that only about 10% of the music will be from the original series.

#12 ·
I have been watching Cowboy Bebop the anime series when my son and daughter started watching Initial-D, so probably 2002. We bought the as much as we can in forms of DVD and books when the local Hasting's Bookstore had a firesale when they were closing shop. My son did get into jazz and acid jazz I think from it but my daughter sadly not. The music has always been fantastic. There is just better fidelity on the Netflix series. The show ran for 2 years but there are other manga chapters that did not make it to anime.

#15 ·
Indeed, a really stupid decision. The soundtrack was pretty amazing, and the show worked very well in my opinion. But the review bombers and people complaining it wasn't the same as the anime ruined its chances (people really need to fix their expectations of reality vs animation).

#17 ·
I haven't watched the live-action version yet, I've just heard people's complaints. I'm not going to let that stop me from watching to it, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Sadly I think a lot of shows get poor reviews because people let absurdly high expectations get in the way of enjoyment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.