Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a relatively new sax player and I've been trying out different reeds to find one that I like, so I've been buying singles from local music stores. I bought a couple of Vandoren ZZ reeds, but they didn't come in individually wrapped packages like the blue and green reeds (which I've also tried). Also, looking at the reed holder, it looks different than the other ones I have. (Corners aren't rounded.) Anyway, I'm just wondering if I'm using the real thing.

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
I bought a few boxes of Vandoren ZZ tenor reeds during the last year. Each reed came individually packaged in a black wrapper.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,204 Posts
Depending on the demand in your area these could very well be just new old stock.
Most players usually purchase a whole box and not singles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the reed looks legit, I'm inclined to believe it's new old stock. I bought it from a mom and pop store that's like a hole in the wall. I wouldn't be surprised if they were selling older reeds. I'd also hate to think they could be selling counterfeits, but I thought maybe if it they were, perhaps they didn't know.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,847 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Hey! Don't worry...I've heard that the quality of those fake reeds is getting better and better. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts