Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this H.Couf metal mouthpiece for something like ten years now, and last week I tried it on my Martin Committee III. To my surprise, sound wise it was a great fit, and the intonation was dead on!
I understood that these mouthpieces might be made by Wagner (of which I hardly know anything), but it is hard to find any conclusive info on them. It also looks like these aren't too common.

I don't plan to sell it in the near future, so I am not looking for a market value. But some more info on the history of these mouthpieces would be very nice! Thanks in advance for anything you could share.

View attachment 232500

View attachment 232502

View attachment 232504

View attachment 232506

View attachment 232508

View attachment 232510

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
It doesn’t look like the Wagners that I have seen (and owned) , this looks more like a Babbit made mouthpiece (I am sure that I’ve seen this with the King brand) maybe Wolfe Tayne? But I’ve seen them before. I am quite sure about everything outside but not the baffle.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn’t look like the Wagners that I have seen (and owned) , this looks more like a Babbit made mouthpiece (I am sure that I’ve seen this with the King brand) maybe Wolfe Tayne? But I’ve seen them before. I am quite sure about everything outside but not the baffle.
Yes, I have seen a similar outside shape, with a King logo, but never with a similar baffle. The link with Wagner was suggested a long time ago, and might make sense given the Couf - Keilwerth connection.

Bottom line: I don't know, and your guess is as good as mine ;)

Edit: browsing Youtube and Google Images, I believe you are right ... but none of those have a similar baffle shape.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts