Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just picked up a Couf II tenor in near perfect condition. I got big mitts, and it fits them just fine. Haven't played in many years, and wasn't all that good in the past, but just gotta try it again. What I don't know is what mouthpieces I should look into that "fit" the horn best. I like the Gez sound and the Dexter Gordon sound (how's that for a range!) and my favorite music that i hope to play is Bossa Nova style.

Any suggestions helpful!

Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW, I should add I went thru the whole Keilworth/Mouthpiece thread, but saw no Superba II's to speak of (I know it is really the same as a I sans rolled tone holes) so thought this would augment it. Keep in mind I am re-starting and have no control at all yet.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Living here in Seattle, there does not seem to be a plethora of shops to just go and try lots of "quality" mpc's. We have a few small chain stores, and one vintage guy I know who does appointments. I will have to do some more hunting around. That is part of why I ask for help, because there is no way I will get exposure to what many others here will or have tried...

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't been around long enough to PM you (no priviledges) so if you would please PM me the details I would be mure than grateful!

Thanks SO much for the direction!

(and if some Mod is reading this can i get the option to PM please?)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what is your stm model/opening and reed combo? Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i'll try and see Bob Carpenter whom Al above recommended sometime next week...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts