Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hey Dan, Welcome to the Couf world. I play a Suberba 1. Let me preface my remarks by stating I am not a lights out player, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I haven't played lots of pieces on my Couf, but here is my experience. I had a Ponzol M1 when i got the Couf. For me, it was uneven and difficult to get a consistent tone with. I then tried a new Berg, Brecker Guardala, (wwwbw version) Van Doren V16 75 metal and one other piece that escapes me right now. I kept the Van Doren. It has the fullest tone and was most even with the least work. It gives a pretty middle of the road tone, balancing the sort of dark tone of the Couf with some brightness of the Van Doren. It is a very free blowing combination. The Couf is free blowing to begin with. I think I would actually prefer a little more resistance.
Given that you are just restarting as you say, find something middle of the road and work with it for a while till you clarify your tone concept and technique. A van doren might be good for that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts