Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what cost of a yearly adjustment would be around. In addition, how much does it cost to take your sax to Emilio.

Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I play a Cannonball tenor that's a year old. Still great condition, just needs adjusting. I play about 12 hours a week. I live north of Boston. About how much would it be to get the full Emilio work up? In addition to just the yearly thing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,182 Posts
It's a year old and out of adjustment ? :|

I am a bit confused....a 'full workup' ? On a 1-year old horn ?

Perhaps call the shop yourself and inquire ????

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
and Emilio usually will only work on Selmer horns. In his day Emilio was pretty good but there are plenty of other guys around, equally as good as he ever was. Dan Kellerman, the other tech at Rayburn is a fine tech.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
4,690 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2019
1,013 Posts
I've had Emillio do an overhaul and adjustments, but I now take my saxes to Les Arbuckle in Dedham. He does amazing work at very reasonable prices and I am more pleased with my set ups than I was when Emilio did the work. My adjustments (which I do when needed, not yearly) have ranged from $25- $100. And they play great.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'd second the recommendation for Les. You can find him at saxoasis.com. He's very busy and there may be a wait, but I've found him extremely honest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts