Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Youtube Video frenzy has me concerned about uploading more music lessons videos. I've began uploading Music Lesson videos on Youtube and have heard about the videos for children concern. We now have to choose "For Children" or "Not for children". How are you Youtube music related up loaders going to answer the question on youtube? They say anything that might attract children is of concern. Words like Student, Learning, Music Lessons, Musical Instruments, Study, Teaching, Master "Class" and other words used towards music students of all ages might be affected. What's your thoughts on this matter? Should we stop uploading and start deleting? Colorful bright looking videos that might attract kids is mentioned as a concern. Some people say avoid "Animations". They're talking about $42.000 in fines if we don't answer correctly. How are you going to answer the question? Or how would you answer if you were an youtube up loader? Eliminating younger students isn't good.
Here's my Youtube Playlists

I just realized "Bebop" is a word used for a kid's toy! Are we gonna get flagged for teaching Bebop?
(Correction) I should have said "using the word Bebop".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,322 Posts
I clicked “no” for my whole channel, as I don’t do any “beginner” type videos, and from what I’ve seen and read it looks like they are considering 13 and under “children.” Although there is o way of knowing for sure...

I guess just be careful with tags and thumbnails! And just keep in mind the audience when filming to gear the language in the direction you want.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that the YOUTUBE COPPA Doomsday has arrived I had to make a decision regarding the "Jazz is Discovery" series of uploaded Youtube videos. I had made the videos Private for awhile until I got a better understanding of the Youtube COPPA situation. Because I started seeing that subscribers and viewers were watching the development of the series I once again made it Public. Now you can once again continue to Watch-Listen-Learn the "Jazz Is Discovery" series. Thanks for watching.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts