Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new Yanagisawa Sterling silver bari neck for my Kessler Solist. Naturally it fits perfect and plays great since the Solist is a B901 clone. I went back and forth with both necks for about an hour but I still need to play both on a gig before being sure which one I like best. There is not a 'night and day' difference so that means to me the Chinese factory did a really good job with the original neck. Still, the silver neck does have very positive differences, mainly a more 'singing' tone, a little more centered and maybe easier, clearer upper register. I can see using both necks and probably will carry both.
You can fault me for keeping it since its not a huge difference - I don't mind. I think its cool to have and I'm keeping it.:)
I got it from Kessler in Vegas and he has really good prices on his necks although he is sold out of the Sterling Yana bari necks right now.
I need to take a good picture which I will tomorrow if I get a chance.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
saxophone, flutes and lil' bit of clarinet
7,364 Posts
That’s very interesting. On my B901 I use a Barone neck which is a small improvement but still worthwhile. I agree with you that a gig is the true acid test.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts