Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this sax up on SOTW a few months ago. It’s one of the best horns I’ve ever owned.
But it was shipped in a flimsy, generic case. Between that and my old SKB contoured case I have
already experienced issues keeping the horn in alignment.

Any suggestions for a contoured case that adequately fits the dimensions of my horn?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an A880. It fits perfectly into a new Yani AW01 case. I see no reason why your T880 shouldn't fit snugly into a new TWO1 case.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hello,

I have a T992, and I use this case:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XDSJ9F/ref=twister_B07JYK1YYM?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My tenor fits great. Per a video on youtube, I put my folded polishing cloth in the case right next to the Low C guard; absolutely no movement. There's a slot that holds the neck, and a separate one to hold my mouthpiece & reed guards. An outside zippered pocket (nice stiff shell) holds extra reeds, 2 small flat head screw drivers, cork grease, reed trimmer, and a small tuner.

On top of that, the silver finish looks SWEET!

later

JOel

·
Registered
128 Posts
I picked this sax up on SOTW a few months ago. It’s one of the best horns I’ve ever owned.
But it was shipped in a flimsy, generic case. Between that and my old SKB contoured case I have
already experienced issues keeping the horn in alignment.

Any suggestions for a contoured case that adequately fits the dimensions of my horn?
You might want to consider the ProTec ProPac XL case.

The newer regular ProPac case fits the 990 well, but I'm not certain about an 880.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Crossrock case is likely the one I’ll try... maybe not in silver though 😅. I’d be inclined to go with the TWO1 case if was backpack style. Thank you all for the suggestions!

·
Registered
924 Posts
The Crossrock case is likely the one I’ll try... maybe not in silver though 😅. I’d be inclined to go with the TWO1 case if was backpack style. Thank you all for the suggestions!
Great news! The case that Yanagisawa provides with all of its TWO models has backpack straps. I just checked my TWO1 case to be sure.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just put a brand new TWO1 case up on eeebay.
Case is brand new in the factory box with all safe packaging. This is from a new sax that was received last week.

Guzziman

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've also got a T880 and the Bam Cabine is a great fit for it (although storage space is really limited).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts