Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know any consonant multiphonics that would sound alright being played in front of an audience? I think the overtone multiphonics don't sound too bad, but does anyone know of any that sound as good or even better? Major thirds, minor thirds, fourths, major sevenths, anything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are there any without chewbacca gargles? I know one multiphonic that doesn't sound like that, though it does sound somewhat harsh. It's a multiphonic with high f# and maybe b. I'm not sure what the second note is, but I think it's b.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Some are about venting and voicing. For example, if played right, fingering a low b while opening the eb key can get a nice sounding chord.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
Try it and see. ;)

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Well... Finger an A with the octave key and hit your Eb palm key. I believe it'll give you a C + E combination.

-Bubba-

·
Registered
516 Posts
Some are about venting and voicing. For example, if played right, fingering a low b while opening the eb key can get a nice sounding chord.
This is especially great for those with six fingers on their right hand :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've tried them out and they sound pretty good. I got a C and E with one and a B (two, actually) and a middle D with the other one. Any other ones?

Also, I notice myself that they're easier on the tenor than they are on the alto by a little bit, but that could be because I tried them on the tenor first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts