Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an older intermediate alto player who got started with seriousness about 7years ago. I am taking weekly lessons and am enrolled in the big band program at the local JC. But I feel I need to do more to progress faster.

I read about the Aebersold camp and would like any inside info on it. Does anyone have any info on the Jamey Aebersold Summer Band Camp as to how it may or may not help me? Any recent attendees?

Phil

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to the Summer camp 2 or 3 years ago. It has many pluses, It is wonderfully organized, and maybe the best place in the entire world to hear top talent pro players in one concentrated location and time. For me being an old intermediate player, instructionally it was almost a zero. I was stuck in a group that played with the cd and the instuctor was a first-time newby that did not know anything about teaching. I payed for a wonderful jazz music vacation, I wanted a two week intense jazz learning experience, all tolled not bad, but not what I wanted. I hope you have better luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts