Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Sax Community!

I'm looking at auditioning for UMKC and they give a list of acceptable repertoire for the different level of degrees. For undergraduate they have these as acceptable:

Bonneau: Suite (Leduc)
Bozza: Aria (Leduc)
Creston: Sonata (Shawnee)
Debussy: Rhapsodie (Durand)
Rueff: Chansoun et Passepied (Leduc)
Heiden: Sonata (Schott)
Glazounov: Concerto (Leduc)
Eccles: Sonata (McGinnis-Marx)

Does anyone have any idea a reliable website to which I can buy these pieces of music so I can start preparing? I am familiar with the Eccles and the Creston, but I want my own copies.

Thank you!

·
Distinguished SOTW Tech/Forum Contributor 2007
984 Posts
van cott information services. http://www.vcisinc.com/ i have ordered form them many times and they are great to deal with.

also there is a new edition of the glazanouv published by barenretier that is much nicer than the leduc (and it won't fall apart on you like the leduc will).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! Do you know what acceptable Tenor repertoire would be? So many things are written or transcribed for the alto that I often feel that the tenor is neglected.

·
Distinguished SOTW Tech/Forum Contributor 2007
984 Posts
call the school you are thinking of auditioning for, i would ask the professor.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,215 Posts
If you play mostly tenor, and you plan on playing classical music repertoire, you'll need to play alto along with tenor. Besides that, tenor sax parts in concert band are boring, boring, boring. Even 2nd alto is more exciting, and bari is actually pretty fun.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah I hear you there. I've played bari and tenor in my earlier concert college band setting, and they were alright. the last two years I've played lead alto in the concert band and thats really where it's at. I enjoy melody parts and solo lines much more than playing a bass line or accompanying bass line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts