1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
as others said this looks like lacquer craquelure. They “ white” you see is the metal under the darker lacquer showing up as “ mother of pearl” effect

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
as others said this looks like lacquer craquelure. They “ white” you see is the metal under the darker lacquer showing up as “ mother of pearl” effect
Yeah, that makes more sense. Kind of looks cool, even closer up. I'm sure when I get the horn in person I'll think differently (maybe). Thanks for the responses.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,885 Posts
well, it is character anyway , embrace it . Good luck!

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO, the horn plays very nice and seems to be setup very well (as represented in the Reverb listing). Even after playing several of my beater NW1/NW2 Altos over the last couple of months, I find hitting low B to be a PITA, but with practice it will be just fine (all the rollers work). Only thing I really don't like is the fixed position of the right hand thumb rest/hook.

Action is light and smooth and FAST compared to all the other horns I have currently: Conn NW1 & NW2's, Chinese "Lade" 82Z Yamaha copies and a Buescher 400 TH&C that needs to be regulated. Also, the lacquer cracking, yeah I think it looks cool but it doesn't matter the 26M is fabulous! I've found my go to Alto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts