Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I finally settled on a mixer the Zed 10FX,
I intend to connect a minidisc player to the mixer using the red and white RCA connctors, and then output it to the QSC K10 speaker, the backing tracks I use were recorded in streo, but I will only be using one powered speaker.

Can anyone please suggest the best connections for this setup?

Will I lose any of the soundtracks, due to it playing through only one speaker?

Thank you in anticipation of your replies.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hi, I finally settled on a mixer the Zed 10FX,
I intend to connect a minidisc player to the mixer using the red and white RCA connctors, and then output it to the QSC K10 speaker, the backing tracks I use were recorded in streo, but I will only be using one powered speaker.

Can anyone please suggest the best connections for this setup?

Will I lose any of the soundtracks, due to it playing through only one speaker?

Thank you in anticipation of your replies.
Wow, minidisc......almost as dated as 8-track.

I assume you mean the tape input when you say RCA plugs. Most of the mixers I have used don't really give you a lot of control over the tape input. You'd be better off getting some RCA to 1/8 inch cords (like $8 on amazon) and connect the minidisc into the line inputs on mic/lines 1 and 2 then make sure the panning is set to whatever speaker output you are connecting the speaker to (ie if it is the left output, make sure both inputs are panned left). You'll get a mono mix but that is what you'd get anyhow if the speaker only has one input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ericdano, just the guidance I was looking for, in my opinion though, the demise of the minidisc was a real shame having used them for many years without any issues, it is a brilliant format in many ways, however I do operate in todays world using MP3 backing tracks from my Android devices, ( 8 track indeed) made me laugh, thanks for that.

·
Registered
610 Posts
If you're still looking for a way to mix the two channels to mono, here's a very easy method. If you're at all handy with a soldering iron, it's a piece of cake. I've made several, and use them on every gig, with my current setup. It will cost practically nothing, considering you only need to buy a couple of resistors. Here's a link: http://www.epanorama.net/circuits/linesum.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts