Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Conn NW II alto. It seems to be the silver plate with the gold wash bell.

It plays beautifully! I love the tone, and I'm really impressed with the intonation...

Please check out the photos and let me know if you think it has been re-lacquered.
Gas Rim Nickel Bicycle part Auto part Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tire Tread Thigh Motor vehicle Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Machine Automotive tire Idiophone Serveware Musical instrument Brass instrument
Anyone have any idea how much this horn is worth?

Attachments

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,932 Posts
I don't quite get the question.....

It's a silverplated horn with goldwash bell and burnished goldplate in the engraving.

Re-lacquered ? It's not a lacquered horn.

Do you mean you are concerned it has been re-plated ?

Looks to me to be a silverplate horn with gold plate flourishes which has simply aged and hasn't been cleaned in quite a while.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I guess that was a dumb question. I'm concerned that it isn't all original material. It has been cleaned, and in fact overhauled in the last few years. But you think it looks like it hasn't been replated?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I guess that was a dumb question. I'm concerned that it isn't all original material. It has been cleaned, and in fact overhauled in the last few years. But you think it looks like it hasn't been replated?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,574 Posts
Polish it and play on!

Or just play on...

I like 'em shiny.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
18,932 Posts
Keys tarnished hecka fast if it received a full overhaul in past couple of years...but then again, it depends on the climate/environment too.

Looks original finish to me.....sweet ol' horn, dude ! Enjoy it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,252 Posts
It probably was left out on a stand after being repadded which really uglyfies a silver horn. Disassemble, and polish as it will shine like new.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts