Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought a '23 New Wonder 1 alto a few months ago on eBay, for $ 420 (incl. P&P). It has the silver finish/gold wash bell and after a restoration, new pads, etc., it looks and plays like new. I'm very happy with it.

As far as this item is concerned: pictures are a bit unclear and I can't watch the video for some reason, but it seems to be in pretty good condition (and playable). 250 pounds isn't a bad deal, I'd say.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Conn-artist said:
I bought a '23 New Wonder 1 alto a few months ago on eBay, for $ 420 (incl. P&P). It has the silver finish/gold wash bell and after a restoration, new pads, etc., it looks and plays like new. I'm very happy with it.

As far as this item is concerned: pictures are a bit unclear and I can't watch the video for some reason, but it seems to be in pretty good condition (and playable). 250 pounds isn't a bad deal, I'd say.
Thanks for the info, just had a great email from Dave the seller, telling me a load more, it has been lacquered, and there are no scratches or dents, so I am going to give it a go.

The video shows Dave playing it and it sound nice and bright and has the antique sound that I am looking for.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,116 Posts
I have about 20 altos and my main player is a 1923 Conn. Great horns. The lacquer can devalue a horn so bid with retraint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts